"Water is the symbol of a state of consciousness or plane." -- Sri Aurobindo (Letter on Yoga 3)
In Her explanation of Sri Aurobindo's Symbol Mother says (see highlighted line):
“The descending triangle represents
Sat-Chit-Ananda.The ascending triangle represents the aspiring answer from
matter under the form of life, light and love. The junction of both - the
central square - is the perfect manifestation having at its centre the Avatar
of the Supreme - the lotus.”
The water - inside the square - represents the multiplicity, the creation.
An appeal for collecting water
There will be a water ceremony after the early morning meditation of 28.2.2018, in the Amphitheatre. It is proposed that water from different water bodies of the world be collected and brought to Auroville.
The bringing together of water from all over the world in a symbolic ceremony at the centre of Auroville would not only mean a prayer for unity but also a prayer for this diminishing resource for the whole world.
If you wish to participate in this attempt then this is what we propose:
- The water must be from a lake, river, spring etc. from your
part of the world.
- The amount can be anything between 500 ml to 1000ml from
each water source. Can be a smaller quantity if bringing it over poses a
- To be bottled in a leak proof bottle preferably made of
glass and carried in the luggage that is checked - in.
- Each bottle must be labeled with: 1) the name of the country
2) the source of the water 3) if possible, the GPS location of the area from
where it was collected or at least the name and place of the water source.
- Please remember to take a few pictures of the water source
so that we may post them on our link.
- The water may reach us anytime between November 2017 and
18th February 2018 or earlier.
We have so far received forty six water samples. We are open to suggestions. Please contact us at: email@example.com
For up to date information you may look up:
AV website http://www.auroville.org/contents/4257
or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/285893768498965/
Looking forward to a collaborative effort with all.
Matrimandir Events Team