ACRES FOR AUROVILLE is dedicated to raising funds to purchase urgently-needed land for completing and consolidating Auroville’s material base. A collaboration of Auroville International & Lands for Auroville Unified (LFAU) in coordination with Auroville’s Land Board, the A4A campaign fundraises for purchasing missing plots in all of the Master Plan area – the City Area, the Greenbelt, and the Peace Area that encircles and protects the Matrimandir.
The boom in land speculation makes each unsecured acre a target - now in danger of being lost to Auroville forever! Purchase of the many designated but still-missing plots is vital for the basic needs of unifying, consolidating, and protecting:
- The Matrimandir – the soul of Auroville – and the sanctity of its spiritual atmosphere
- The City Area and the creation of essential, coherent infrastructure & vital road access
- The Greenbelt with its resources for sustainability, green sanctuary, & models for environmental living
- The International Zone with its focus on human unity & training for peace in collective living
Collaboration works! - in just 4 years, A4A has enabled the addition of over 45 acres of formerly-missing land throughout Auroville’s Master Plan area – all thanks to your solidarity! The need is great, and the time is now! Let’s get the land the Mother envisioned for the City of Dawn! Join us in this dynamic, successful action for Auroville’s still-missing land!!
More information: https://land.auroville.org/
We are happy to announce our 2019 New Year's card for the land below. After that, you will find more news, films, and information on how to donate to A4A.
Our new A4A Flier is just below, followed by information on how to donate to A4A:
ACRES FOR AUROVILLE Land Campaign
November 2018 – the month of a major milestone in Sri Aurobindo's Evolutionary Yoga
” She is the golden bridge, the wonderful fire …”
Throughout history, attempts have been made to create a new model for human life. Most have proved to be short-lived or limited in scope. But Auroville - The Mother’s City of Dawn – has stood the test of time, continuing to grow with richness and vibrancy. We salute Auroville in this, its 50th year!
With its 58 nationalities, hosted on the soil of Mother India, Auroville is the human quest for consciousness and unity put into action. If it endures and inspires, it is because of the Vision behind Auroville, the force of The Mother as Sri Aurobindo’s “Golden Bridge” AND the determination of all who have worked and collaborated to root the City of Dawn in the Earth and make it flourish.
The Mother had repeatedly stressed the central importance of Auroville’s needed land base, its material body. Today, a significant number of vital pieces of its designated Master Plan land are still missing and at risk of being used for something other than the Vision and Dream. In this significant month of November, in Auroville’s 50th anniversary year, we remember The Mother’s wish for the land, and call upon all friends to join us in the effort to fulfill it!
Let’s support the Auroville Dream – an inspiring bridge to a new Future!
Join the “50th Birthday Land Gift” for the City of Dawn’s missing land!!
Please specify “ACRES FOR AUROVILLE” for your donations via:
· Auroville Unity Fund (checks & bank transfers),
· Online donations donations.auroville.com
· your Auroville International center www.auroville-international.org
Tax deductibility, news & videos: www.land.auroville.org
Credits: Photo of The Mother in 1969 - Quotation from Sri Aurobindo’s Savitri, Book 3, Canto II, page 313
OUR FILMS FOR THE LAND:
You can view our complete library of Auroville land films at: https://land.auroville.org/video-acres-auroville/
EXAMPLES OF NEW AUROVILLE LAND -
THANKS TO YOUR DONATIONS TO A4A:
HOW YOU CAN DONATE TO “ACRES FOR AUROVILLE”
For all donations, please specify “Acres for Auroville”:
- By credit or debit card through the Auroville Donation Gateway www.auroville.com/donations/ using the dedicated "Acres for Auroville" button.
- Via your country’s Auroville
- By check payable to the “Auroville Unity Fund” at: Auroville Unity Fund, Town Hall, 605101 Auroville, TN, India
- By bank transfer to: “Auroville Unity Fund” State Bank of India - Auroville Township specifying “The Acres for Auroville campaign”:
- For donations from outside India:
Branch Code – SBIN0003160 Swift Code – SBININBB474
Account # 10237876508
- For donations from within India for 100% tax-exempt receipts:
IFS Code – SBIN0003160 Account # 10237876042
- For donations within India: ordinary receipts or 50% tax-exempt receipts:
IFS Code – SBIN0003160 Account # 10237876031
generosity is very much appreciated!