A great amount of time has gone into the preparation of the Auroville’s 40th anniversary event at UNESCO. The programme, which will take place on October 10th in room I, UNESCO, has now finally been fixed, as follows:
- Round Table: Auroville - an emerging world, its future horizons
- Multimedia Presentation on ‘Auroville and The Ideal of Human Unity’
- Opening: Dr. Koïchiro Matsuura, Director General, UNESCO
- Chair: Dr. Mrs. Kapila Vatsyayan, Member of the Executive Board, UNESCO
Mr. Olabiyi Babalola Joseph Yaï, Ambassador, Permanent Delegation to UNESCO of Bénin, and President of the Executive Board of UNESCO
Ms. Françoise Rivière, Additional Director-General Culture, UNESCO
Shri R.P. Agrawal, Secretary Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Dr. Meera Aster Patel, Member of the Governing Board, Auroville Foundation.
Mrs. Uma Prajapati, Executive Upasana Design Studio, Auroville
Mr. Hemant Lamba, member Working Committee of the Residents’ Assembly of the Auroville Foundation, and Executive of AuroRe, Auroville.
Mr. Jean-Yves Lung, education, Auroville.
19.30 – 21.00
- A cultural performance by the Auroville formation NADAKA, Contemporary Indian and World Music - “A sense of the infinite.” Musicians: Nadaka, Gopika, Bryce Grinlington, Mishko M'ba, Suresh Bascara.
The event is hosted by the Indian Delegation to UNESCO in cooperation with the Section Culture of UNESCO.