Facilities and services offered by Savitri Bhavan:
• Picture Gallery: displaying the Meditations on Savitri paintings made by Huta under the guidance of the Mother, illustrating selected passages from Sri Aurobindo’s poem.
• Reading Room: housing a reference collection of books and journals to facilitate study and understanding of Sri Aurobindo’s Savitri.
• Audio-visual Collection: a rich collection of recorded talks, video-films and music relating to Savitri, the life and teachings of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother, and the aims and ideals of Auroville, for use by groups and individuals
• Maison de l’Agenda de Mere – House of Mother’s Agenda: created in 1988 to provide access to the Mother’s Agenda – the Mother’s record of her sadhana from 1956–1973 – the House of Mother’s Agenda has been housed at Savitri Bhavan since 2006.
A programme of regular weekly classes, courses and activities; exhibitions, musical events, guest lectures and film shows, as well as workshops, retreats and orientation sessions, is offered to the interested public.
Savitri Bhavan publishes two journals of Study Notes on Savitri : ‘Invocation” in English, and ‘Prarthana’ in Tamil, in addition to books and pamphlets relating to our central focus.
• Reception and Information Service
The Reception Desk is open from 9-5 daily, 6 days a week, to receive visitors and answer queries. Queries from students and researchers are also dealt with by e-mail and correspondence. Books, recordings and other learning-materials related to the activities of Savitri Bhavan are available from the Information Service.
Savitri Bhavan has been created to foster a living research that aids the growth of consciousness. Supporting all these activities a team of researchers are engaged in developing materials that will foster a deeper understanding and appreciation of the vision and work of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother and the aims and ideals of Auroville. Assistance is also offered to students and researchers in this field from around the world.