Crimes and accidents
- Police liaison: 94430 90107
- Day guard: 94433 62691
- Night guard: 94433 62691
- Fire Service: 101 or 2336238
- Kailash Clinic ambulance: 94422-24680
- Auroville Health Centre: 2622 018 / 123 / 011
- General Hospital: 2336050
- PIMS hospital : 2656271/72
- JIPMER hospital: 2278380 / 2272389
- Nallam Clinic: 2338100
- Aravind Eyes hospital: 2619100 / 2619104
- Apollo hospital:
28293333 / 28290200
- Sri Ramachandra hospital: 24768403
A few stings are normally harmless to an adult, but anyone suffering multiple stings from a ‘rock bee’ attack should consult a doctor or homeopath. Best advice in event of an attack is either to escape at speed, or to remain as still as possible, ideally with hands or clothing covering the face.
In the event of any bite, however superficial, contact a doctor as quickly as possible (at latest within 24 hours) in case anti-rabies injections are required. For more details click here.
Very painful, but no species deadly to normal/healthy adults exist in the area. A sting to a child may be more serious, depending on age/size, so medical advice should be taken; likewise if an adult starts showing any allergic reaction. Use Lexin if available, or seek homeopathic relief.
In the event of a bite from a known venomous snake, go straight to the General Hospital, Ph. 0413-2336050 in Puducherry or Jipmer Hospital, Ph. 0413-2372381, where anti-snake bite serum is available.
Snake catchers in Auroville
- Prabhu Rescue Ph. 9786521655
- Shanti Ph. 9843510305
- Rajeev Ph. 9443726223
For more details click here.
Womenfs Safety Task Force
Child Protection Service (Suriya)
Ph. 0413 - 2622602